|Musina, Limpopo Province||SANRAL|
The project’s main purpose is to divert the N1 traffic around the town of Musina.
The project involves the following:
- construction of three major bridges;
- construction of two interchanges (including on and off ramps);
- major earthworks (including large cuttings and fills);
- layer works and asphalt surfacing;
- 6 km of secondary roads;
- storm water and subsoil drains;
- road furniture finishes (such as guard rails, road signs, and fences); and
- noise barrier walls.
Other elements of the project include the construction of 30 new houses for the relocation of residents displaced by the project.